Pensa, the Brooklyn creative force behind the D.I.Wire, Street Charge, the Merge urban bicycle and goTenna, is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join their talented, diverse and passionate team. Pensa is known for its ability to create beautiful functionality. Our engineers are inventors that know how to connect solutions with user needs. Pensa’s engineers love design and help our clients solve their hardest product challenges. They have a passion for creating compelling new technologies, developing them for production and lining up strategic manufacturing plans. If you have world-class talent, a passion for product design and invention, and a desire to work on a wide range of products in a fun, creative and collaborative design studio, we’d like to meet you.
Candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5-8yrs experience working as an Mechanical Engineer in product design and development
- Expert-level understanding of materials, plastic and metal production processes
- Expert-level skills in 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- 5+ yrs experience in consumer product design demonstrating ability to resolve 3D form language and to develop products for mass production
- Ability to lead a team and move projects forward – including vision, creative deliverables, timeline, and budget management
- A big plus: Experience programming/coding, Arduino, Processing and electro-mechanics
Successful candidates will demonstrate that they:
- Excel at envisioning and articulating engineering strategies for product design and development/manufacturing. Strategies that increase efficiency, quality, durability of products while maintaining or enhancing the design vision.
- Are curious to learn new skills
- Are excited to work with others in a multi-disciplinary team
- Are eager to solve the hard problems in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Have a hands-on approach, comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop including CNC equipment, 3d printers and hand tools
- Are a great at story-telling: the ability to communicate your vision to clients
- Are excited to deliver the next great product experience to the world
- Can lead a team
Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!