We are Pensa, the Brooklyn creative force behind the D.I.Wire, Street Charge, the Merge urban bicycle and the ONEBLADE razor. We are looking for talented and brilliant Industrial Designers to join our team.
Pensa is known for its ability to create beautiful functionality. Our designers are inspired and creative problem solvers that develop product stories connecting back to the functional and emotional needs of people. Pensa’s designers love design and help our clients solve their hardest product challenges. They have a passion for creating complete and compelling solutions and have a keen eye for resolving every detail. If you have world-class talent, a passion for product design and invention, and a desire to work on a wide range of product experiences in a fun, creative and collaborative design studio, we’d like to meet you.
Candidates must have:
- a degree in Industrial Design
- 4+ years of experience working as an Industrial Designer
This position requires:
- Excellent conceptualization and sketching skills
- World class form giving ability
- A hands-on approach, comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop
- Great story-telling: the ability to communicate your design strategy and vision to your fellow team members and to clients
- Solid experience in preparing, executing and interpreting generative research
- Expert-level knowledge of 2D illustration (Adobe Creative Suite) and 3D CAD software (Rhino & Solidworks preferred)
- Ability to lead a design team and move projects forward – including developing and maintaining a vision, creative deliverables, timeline, and budget management
- Understanding of materials, plastic and metal production processes, quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
To apply, attach resume, cover letter and website portfolio link below.
Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!