We are Pensa, the Brooklyn creative force behind the D.I.Wire, Street Charge, the Merge urban bicycle and the ONEBLADE razor. We are looking for Industrial Design students or recent grads to join our team for a design internship or co-op.Pensa is known for its ability to create beautiful functionality. Our designers are inspired and creative problem solvers that develop product stories connecting back to the functional and emotional needs of people. Pensa’s designers love design and help our clients solve their hardest product challenges. They have a passion for creating complete and compelling solutions and have a keen eye for resolving every detail. If you have world-class talent, a passion for product design and invention, and a desire to work on a wide range of product experiences in a fun, creative and collaborative design studio, we’d like to meet you.
As a design intern or co-op, you will:
- Learn about real-world application of design practices and concept development through hands-on participation in both internal and client-based projects, and through the mentorship of our senior staff
- Collaborate in qualitative fieldwork, brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Build prototypes and mockups of your concepts (rapid prototyping and/or traditional fabrication)
- Help with concept refinement, 3D CAD development and building of presentations
- Collaborate on design reviews and decision making, articulating your point of view
- Have ownership of your projects
This position requires:
- You are pursuing a degree in Industrial Design and have completed at least 3 years of study or you are a recent grad
- Excellent conceptualization and sketching skills
- World class form giving ability
- A hands-on approach, comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop
- Great story-telling: the ability to communicate your design visions to your fellow team members and to clients
- Some experience in preparing, executing and interpreting generative research
- Expert-level knowledge of 2D illustration (Adobe Creative Suite) and 3D CAD software (Rhino & Solidworks preferred)
- Understanding of materials, plastic and metal production processes, quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
To apply, fill in the form below and include your resume, cover letter and portfolio website or link.
Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We design our internships to be a learning experience for you, teaching you to deliver high quality work in a collaborative way. Therefore, to ensure the best experience for both you and our team, we only offer full-time internships. All interns are paid.