Responsible for (but not limited to) the assistance of guests with their luggage, as well as escorting guests when they are moved from one property to the other; showing of rooms to potential guests and also in charge of the delivery of any other item required to be taken to guests’ rooms during his/her working hours. Responsible for facilitating taxicab rides and/or any other kind of transportation means requested by a guest.
1) Open doors and greets all visitors with a smile.
2) Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms, assists with hand luggage, and offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, Safety & Emergency exits, points of interest, and entertainment attractions.
3) Shows rooms to potential guests.
4) Inspects showrooms to ensure furnishings are in order and supplies are adequate before showing to a guest.
4) Explains features of room, such as operation of clock, television, safety box, shower, how to place telephone calls, etc.
5) Accompanies guests when they are moved from one property to the other.
6) Delivers messages and runs errands to guests’ rooms
7) Calls taxis or limousine services for guests.
8) Delivers packages, suitcases and trunks to guests’ rooms when required by Front Desk staff.
9) Delivers fresh towels, linen, toiletries and ice if requested from guests after Housekeeping Dept has left the premises.
10) Inspect common areas hourly to insure cleanliness and to avoid congestions.
11) Directs guests to the appropriate Dept Manager if unable to help a customer with a concern.
12) Determines areas where improvement is needed, establishes weekly personal goals and objectives 13) Performs other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Manager and/or the Hotels’ Manager.
14) Must follow ALL hotel procedures including and not limited to proper labeling of luggage as stipulated in the luggage tag procedures (located in the Front Desk), if any luggage missing due to mislabeling or lack of it, the employee is completely (monetarily) responsible for it.
15) Keeps public areas neat and windows and doors free on fingerprints and smudges.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- High School Diploma
- One to two years experience as a direct Customer Service provider in a Hospitality related environment
- Fluent in English
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays