Where we need help
Peer Insight is on the lookout for a full-time Front-End Developer/Designer to join our team in Washington D.C., who will lead various digital projects, including responsive websites, rich online media (web video, animation, etc.), and user-centered prototypes. You’ve worked on digital design projects and can build effective digital marketing deliverables, and you are energized by finding solutions to ambiguous problems. You’re an effective listener, problem-solver, and skilled communicator. You approach every project with intent in mind. You’re comfortable collaborating remotely with teams on the move across the world. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do
- Use high and low fidelity design tools to deliver the appropriate user-centric designs, including prototypes (for ex., a kids shoe app!), mockups, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, and style guides, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Support the web and mobile presence of the company through promotional content and new site layouts/digital interactions
- Able to take an approved concept and build it in HTML/CSS so it complies with responsive design principles
- Collaborate with a diverse team of design/UX researchers, visual designers, and developers
- Show early drafts of work and be comfortable with iterating and experimenting
- As needed, assume the role of Graphic Designer, designing creative for marketing campaigns, converting designs to HTML, and staying up to date on design best practices
- Remain up to date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Have an eye for quality and ensure that deliverables meet a high standard
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to identify areas of improvement in terms of front-end development, design, assets, etc.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with digital mediums (including websites and wireframes) and a design portfolio that contains multiple projects working with a team
- Design skills in the areas of color, type, and layout
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Proficient with building prototypes in Invision
- Proficient in using usability principles to achieve strong user-centered design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Excellent attention to detail
We believe in letting smart, driven people work across connected disciplines with the room and empowerment to be brilliant. We strive to recruit a group of unique individuals, not a homogenous pack, but our team members tend to share these attributes:
Curiosity | Perceptiveness | Optimism | Gutsiness | Entrepreneurialism | Discernment | Passion | Persistence | Adaptiveness
Peer Insight is an innovation consulting firm based in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA that helps business leaders drive new growth through product and service innovation.
comes from different backgrounds, but we are united by the same goal: helping businesses become more entrepreneurial to better serve their customers, employees, and communities.