Come be part of a fast growing, well-funded and exciting startup in Silicon Valley. Peel makes the world’s leading smart remote application which turns your mobile device into a universal remote control. Our technology is preloaded on many of the world’s top-selling Android devices. Peel application is preloaded into 500 million+ devices so far and has 160 million+ registered users with 10 billion+ remote commands handled every month. Help us revolutionize the TV viewing experience and achieve our goal of becoming the universal controller for the connected home.
- Architect, design, and develop applications for the Android platform. Through continuous experimentation figure out ways to grow the user base & app usage.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team in an agile and fast paced development environment to define, create, and maintain the application.
- Drive Test Driven Development throughout the life-cycle of the application. Write and execute unit, functional and integration tests. Perform and support system-level troubleshooting.
- Write requirements and design documents in compliance with our internal processes.
- Execute all projects in compliance with company development guidelines.
- Proficient with mobile software development using Java.
- Strong understanding & experience with Design patterns, Data Structures.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services.
- Demonstrable capability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence,and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes.
- Experience with developing custom UIs and animations.
- Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with performance and memory usage tuning.
- Developed a culture of benchmarking and optimization.
- Well versed with code versioning tools such as Git and continuous integration(Jenkins).
- Comfortable working in agile product development environment, building from scratch and continuously improving it.
- Drive architecture and technology choices for the mobile products.
- Ability to lead mobile projects through complete development life-cycle.
- Ability to lead and mentor a group of engineers.
- Passionate about delivering high quality user experience.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
Who we want:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years of experience.
- Been part of complete development life cycles of at least two applications.
What else do we offer? Here are some of the benefits at Peel:
- Competitive base salary.
- Stock Options.
- Employee outings and enrichment.
- Employee Provident Fund (PF).
- Health Insurance.
- Term Life Insurance.
- On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee.
- Ping Pong, and other games.