Peel is the World’s most used Smartphone based Remote Control Application with over 160 million registered users. Peel users execute over 10 billion remote commands every month globally. Peel is profitable as of Q1 2017 and is currently planning steps to an IPO. Peel expects to go IPO in late 2018 or early 2019. The company is also working on several new products in varied domains that are ambitious on both Engineering and Business fronts.
Peel has a very high standard of engineering and is on a mission to hire only the most motivated and talented engineers. An engineering career at Peel is not for everyone. It is only for talented engineers that are motivated to see their direct work go to more than 160 Million users and resulting in growth of enterprise value for the company. The culture at Peel is to make impact everyday. Intense Focus, Massive Action and Instantaneous Measurement of Product Metrics characterise Peel culture. This environment allows every engineer to be part of a small, tightly integrated team that works with great focus and tenacity to go after critical and massive improvements of the product. Peel founders are part of every team and meet with the teams on a daily basis and solve problems with the team. Teams are empowered with business dashboards to see in real time the direct impact they are creating for the business resulting in growth of enterprise value.
No red tape. No bullshit. Use your talents, tenacity and creativity to directly build the company everyday.
Join Peel today. While the selection process is super demanding, if selected, we promise a supercharged career growth path where you get to live engineering and business everyday. Your growth at Peel is only limited by your creativity and imagination.
- Architect, design, and develop applications for the Android platform. Through continuous experimentation figure out ways to grow the user base & app usage.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team in an agile and fast paced development environment to define, create, and maintain the application.
- Drive Test Driven Development throughout the life-cycle of the application. Write and execute unit, functional and integration tests. Perform and support system-level troubleshooting.
- Write requirements and design documents in compliance with our internal processes.
- Execute all projects in compliance with company development guidelines.
- Strong Android programming skills and experience
- Strong understanding & experience with Design patterns, Data Structures.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services.
- Demonstrable capability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence,and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes.
- Experience with developing custom UIs and animations.
- Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with performance and memory usage tuning.
- Developed a culture of benchmarking and optimization.
- Well versed with code versioning tools such as Git and continuous integration(Jenkins).
- Comfortable working in agile product development environment, building from scratch and continuously improving it.
- Drive architecture and technology choices for the mobile products.
- Ability to lead mobile projects through complete development life-cycle.
- Ability to lead and mentor a group of engineers.
- Passionate about delivering high quality user experience.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
Who we want:
- MS in Computer Science with minimum 3+ years of experience.
- Been part of complete development life cycles of at least two Android applications.
What else do we offer? Here are some of the benefits at Peel:
- Competitive base salary.
- Stock Options.
- Performance oriented bonus structure.
- Health & Dental Insurance.
- Catered Lunches.
- On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee.
- Ping Pong, and other games.