Peel is the World’s most used Smartphone based Remote Control Application with over 160 million registered users. Peel users execute over 10 billion remote commands every month globally. Peel is profitable as of Q1 2017 and is currently planning steps to an IPO. Peel expects to go IPO in late 2018 or early 2019. The company is also working on several new products in varied domains that are ambitious on both Engineering and Business fronts.
Peel has a very high standard of engineering and is on a mission to hire only the most motivated and talented engineers. An engineering career at Peel is not for everyone. It is only for talented engineers that are motivated to see their direct work go to more than 160 Million users and resulting in growth of enterprise value for the company. The culture at Peel is to make impact everyday. Intense Focus, Massive Action and Instantaneous Measurement of Product Metrics characterise Peel culture. This environment allows every engineer to be part of a small, tightly integrated team that works with great focus and tenacity to go after critical and massive improvements of the product. Peel founders are part of every team and meet with the teams on a daily basis and solve problems with the team. Teams are empowered with business dashboards to see in real time the direct impact they are creating for the business resulting in growth of enterprise value.
No red tape. No bullshit. Use your talents, tenacity and creativity to directly build the company everyday.
Join Peel today. While the selection process is super demanding, if selected, we promise a supercharged career growth path where you get to live engineering and business everyday. Your growth at Peel is only limited by your creativity and imagination.
- Architect, design, and develop scalable, resilient and fast mobile applications.
- Lead and participate in producing deliverables (including architecture, technical design, code development, and QA) to high quality standards.
- Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features. Take ownership of the solution from end to end and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution.
- Drive Test Driven Development throughout the lifecycle of the application. Write and execute unit, functional and integration tests. Perform and support system-level troubleshooting.
- Execute all projects in compliance with company development guidelines. Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of mobile solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews.
- Act as a technical advisor to application development teams to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile applications.
- Need strong experience in Android
- Proficient with software development using Java for both cloud & mobile applications.
- Strong understanding & experience with Design patterns, Data Structures.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services.
- Demonstrable capability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence, and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes
- Experience with developing custom UIs and animations.
- Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with performance and memory usage tuning.
- Developed a culture of benchmarking and optimization.
- Well versed with code versioning tools such as Git and continuous integration(Jenkins).
- Comfortable working in agile product development environment, building from scratch and continuously improving it.
- Drive architecture and technology choices for the mobile products.
- Ability to lead mobile projects through complete development life-cycle.
- Ability to lead and mentor a group of engineers.
- Passionate about delivering high quality user experience.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Capable of making timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties & inadequate information.
Who we want:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top tier school. MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience developing complex applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role including architecting end-end mobile applications.
- Been part of complete development life cycles of at least two applications.
- Experienced with mobile analytics & demonstrated capability to use analytics to make product direction decisions.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
What else do we offer? Here are some of the benefits at Peel:
- Competitive base salary.
- Stock Options.
- Performance oriented bonus structure.
- Health & Dental Insurance.
- Catered Lunches.
- On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee.
- Ping Pong, and other games.