Position Sr. Project manager
Location: Austin TX
Duration 12+ Months
Acxiom Marketing Services team helps marketers enable great customer experiences by breaking down data silos and solving for a complete customer view across digital and offline channels. We help marketers plan audiences, engage customers, measure marketing impact, and collaborate with their partners for greater reach, revenue, and return.
The Project Manager job role will stretch your project management skills and expose you to cutting edge cloud based technologies in MarTech/Ad Tech platform. You will work with Acxiom customers, Acxiom Products, Delivery and Technology organizations to own and drive implementation of sizable projects and programs with high quality and great customer satisfaction. This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to overall implementation of digital marketing solutions for our customers in multiple industries around the globe and enable them to achieve success in their digital transformation journey. If you are striving for role in a fast-paced environment that requires great combination of project management, proactive leadership, quick learning and demonstrated technical and business solution acumen skills we should connect.
What you will do:
• Responsible for the direction of projects with complex components or a program of interrelated projects, ensuring integration, coordination, timing and consistency of process throughout the program/project lifecycle.
• CONSULTANT: Brings prior experience to organize and define work for complex or ambiguous situations. Provides knowledge sharing to other associates.
• INITIATION: Solid foundational understanding of project management principles and the application thereof. Recognized leader in project management methodology and solution development methodologies. Assists in development of SOW or RFP response. PLANNING: Solid performer in project management and solution delivery methodologies across multiple organizations. Works with key stakeholders (e.g., executives, clients, directors) to define project requirements that reflect clients’ business, fiscal, and functional objectives.
• EXECUTION: Concurrently manages more than one moderately complex, multiple phased project with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams and/or outside vendors.
• TIME / COST MANAGEMENT: Manages budgets and timelines of small to large-sized projects. Takes full responsibility for keeping project cost and schedule on track. Consistently meets profitability and release date objectives of complex projects. Participates/develops project performance in conjunction with pre-sell efforts related to project management activities.
• COMMUNICATION / ESCALATION MANAGEMENT: Develops/implements/updates a communications plan for each project that specifies audience, medium, timeframes, and methods. Provides continuous communication and escalations. Models cross-functional cooperation at all levels (i.e., proactively shares information and best practices with teammates). Facilitates the resolution of complex and controversial issues (i.e., builds consensus across organizational and functional lines). Delivers a program-level status report that accurately depicts program progress and issues, as well as the appropriate project-level status.
• MONITORING/CONTROLLING: Provides feedback for continuous risk and issues management process improvement. Advocates and promotes use of risk and issues management process and procedures. Assists in the definition of requirements for project risk management plans.
• CLOSING: Responsible for ensuring all project close out activities are completed and documented.
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• 5 + years of project management experience in a technical capacity
• Experience in leveraging tools like MS Project, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and collaboration tools like JIRA and SharePoint
• Ability to work across teams, both internally and externally, and to influence project stakeholders at all levels
• Experience in managing project teams
• Proven ability to drive the project to completion and shows tenacity for getting things done
• Experience using Waterfall and Agile-based methodologies within a software development function
• Demonstrated ability leveraging best practices of project management including PMI standards, as well as industry level best practices
• Expert in communication and escalation management
• Self-directed learning
What will set you apart:
• 7 + years of Project management implementation of application software (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe, IBM Campaign, Redpoint, Datamart, Campaign management applications, Oracle, Analytics, Data warehouses, digital marketing applications)
• 5+ years of Project management experience with packaged software or custom development implementations in a consulting or an enterprise organization
• 5+ years of Business and Solution Domain expertise in implementing marketing, analytics, data-warehouse and software applications from one of the industry among - Media, Retail, Finance, Insurance, Banking, High Tech and Automotive industries
• Ability to learn technical concepts of the digital marketing eco systems market and able to articulate the core benefits of these solutions to clients and stakeholders
• Ability to conduct and manage project workshops on strategy and road mapping and build the resulting implementation plans with clients
• PMP, CSM or equivalent Scrum certification
• Cloud based application project management
• Experience in BI tools integration (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, Birst)
• Experience in managing projects with larger teams
• Experience in managing IT server upgrades/tech refresh projects