PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
As a Principal Software Engineer - Android, you will build the technology to support millions of customers worldwide. Your primary focus will be our Android mobile app, including the PayJoy Lock and financing products. As a key part of PayJoy’s global engineering team, you need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies. In short, we are looking for senior engineers with strong industry experience to provide technical leadership for our Android products.
● Degree in Computer Science
● 10+ years of software development experience writing production code
● 2+ years experience building Android apps that launched in the Play Store
● Understanding of the Android platform architecture
● Experience using the Android framework and Android permissions model
● Experience with SQL
● Familiar with mobile security, including the use of cryptography and https
● Experience leading teams of engineers to successfully launch mobile products
● Strong communication skills
● High-caliber high-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent
● Fluent in Git
● Familiar with app privacy issues and related data security issues
● Primarily, design and write code to implement the PayJoy App and PayJoy Lock to make it available via partners and app stores
● Implement Android features and troubleshoot live Android bugs affecting user experience, client-server communication, and security, to help us scale to millions of customers.
● Additional engineering as required. For instance, design and implement components of PayJoy’s web apps, data platform, and integrations.
● Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
● Collaborate with Product and Business teams to ensure that your work successfully reaches our end users.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.