PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2020.
As a member of PayJoy's Infrastructure Engineering team, you will lead the process of scaling our technology infrastructure to support millions of customers worldwide. Specific responsibilities will span roles that might also be described as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, and cloud infrastructure engineering. You will be part of PayJoy's global engineering team and may also be called on to design/develop parts of our web frontend, backend, partner API integrations, security, and data science initiatives. You will need to be able to navigate ambiguity and collaborate with team members within the existing structure. As part of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you will design the next iteration of a platform that is fast-evolving to support PayJoy’s demands.
- BS degree in Computer Science from reputed engineering college
- 12 years of software experience
- 5+ years with infrastructure engineering: Linux, a cloud platform (AWS), SQL (MySQL)
- High-caliber high-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with CI / CD platforms
- Design, justify, and execute projects in support of scaling and uptime goals
- Interface with PayJoy clients within India and globally on matters related to infrastructure. The candidate should be open to travel up to 2 months in a calendar year
- Build CI / CD pipelines with Ansible Playbooks, CircleCI, and Terraform
- Build a monitoring and alerting system with Datadog and Terraform, with the aim of providing the high-performance, low-maintenance system PayJoy needs.
- Build a robust secret management platform on an AWS Parameter Store / Segment Chamber / Terraform foundation.
- Introduce solutions for database migrations, job queueing/scheduling, service-oriented architecture, etc.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.