PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
PayJoy is hiring a Director of Risk Strategy and Analysis in Mexico who will help us scale PayJoy’s point of sale phone finance and cash lending portfolio in Mexico. The right candidate will be a self-driven, ambitious, data driven risk and analysis leader, looking to have a big impact at a fast growing startup. The right candidate will also be deeply motivated by PayJoy’s mission to empower the next billion smartphone users.
As a Director of Risk Strategy you will be responsible for making data-driven and actionable strategy changes that strike the right balance between risk and return for our consumer lending products as well as help with the collections efforts and strategy. You will work closely with technology, operations and marketing leaders as the expert in providing analysis and risk solutions that solve the highest impact problems even if that problem is best solved outside of the risk domain. While experience leading a team is a requirement you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do the analytical work necessary to ensure we provide the very best loan product for our users.
- Lead the Risk Strategy and Data Analysis function for PayJoy’s phone financing and cash-lending products in Mexico.
- Design comprehensive and automated risk and operational strategies informed by data science tools and a deep understanding of consumer lending.
- Own portfolio risk and return KPIs and work with the engineering, product and operations teams to optimize these outcomes.
- Build thoughtful dashboards that provide insight about portfolio risk performance as well as other key business areas.
- Improve collections efforts and results.
- MBA with technical undergrad degree OR Masters in a technical field
- Prior experience leading an analytical team
- Prior experience with data-driven consumer lending
- Mastery of 2 or more data science tools including: SQL, Python, R, or SAS.
What can you expect:
- Convenient location in the heart of Mexico City
- Annual international trip for full-time employees
- Annual grant for continued personal development
- Food coupons
- Health Insurance