PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2020.
We are looking for a strong Engineering Manager to grow and lead our PayJoy mobile team to success. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started. As a manager, you guide the way for them and partner with Product teams to implement the Product roadmap.
As both a technical expert in mobile technologies and an experienced manager, you will recruit, lead, and grow engineers to develop PayJoy’s technologies that are making smartphones and credit available to underserved people around the world. You will lead your team to shape and deliver on products that serve all markets. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
You manage your project goals, work with Product to contribute to product strategy, drive architecture decisions, and design simple, scalable solutions to solve technical problems for our partners and end-users. Along the way, you will identify process improvement opportunities and bring in new tools and technology to make our teams more effective.
You will also work closely with other PayJoy teams including Business Development, Risk and Data Science, and Customer Support.
Ultimately, your work directly contributes to PayJoy’s mission.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- 5 years+ of experience as Engineering Technical Lead or Manager, leading software engineering teams to successful delivery.
- 5 years+ of experience developing mobile software including 3 years+ developing Android apps.
- Knowledgeable in the Android OS, Apps and architecture.
- Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills.
- Hands-on programming experience in a modern, commercially used programming language.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science.
- High-caliber, high-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent.
- Experience in successfully recruiting and retaining Engineers.
- Experience building products in the B2B space or experience delivering software with technology partners.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers, including task planning, architecture/design/code reviews.
- Recruit and build PayJoy’s Engineering team with the support of PayJoy’s Recruiting team
- Drive technical projects, provide technical leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and contribute technically to projects.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Deliver successfully to the Product roadmap.
- Work closely with Product Management and other key stakeholders to ensure that partners and customers successfully use PayJoy’s products.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering, Product, and other stakeholder teams to ensure successful delivery of PayJoy’s products.
- Collaborate with external Partners to sense requirements and ensure successful adoption of PayJoy’s products.