Ops Lead - MX Finance
PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
Our growing startup is seeking to hire an Operations Lead to join our Mexico Team. You will be in charge of providing leadership and data driven strategy for the day-to-day operation, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures to ensure the scaling path of the finance operations business, including Customer Experience Team.
You will be working in a very fast-paced environment and constantly facing new challenges, so we expect someone fully hands-on to tackle different problems while facing a level of uncertainty. You will work closely with both the regional leadership team in Mexico City as well as the corporate team based in San Francisco.
- Design and implement operational strategies to achieve PayJoy Mexico growth goals on time and budget
- Understand and improve Customer Experience processes to enable growth for 2020.
- Support Customer Experience team in process efficiency and KPI monitoring
- Create and institute among the CX team a data driven approach to daily operations
- Drive continuous improvement across teams
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering teams to ensure company goals are being met and the team has the proper tools to execute their roles successfully
- Oversee training for existing team members and onboarding for new team members both internal and external
- Lead and support adoption of new external and internal tools
- Follow performance metrics to anticipate and point out potential issues for scaling
- Building and maintaining a culture of respect internally and externally and promoting PayJoy’s mission with new and existing members of the team
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of proven work experience in operations, customer support or similar roles
- Self-directed and motivated with demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills and bias towards action
- Excellent verbal communication skills that can be tailored to deal with internal and external customers
- Strong alignment with PayJoy’s mission and a passion for helping underserved communities.
- Experience with telecommunications, retail, micro-loans, payments, and/or financial service industries preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, engineering or related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Spanish and English fluency required.
- Project Management skills are a plus
- SQL skills are a plus.