PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
As Vice President of Finance, reporting to PayJoy's Chief Operating Officer, you will oversee a team of talented accounting and finance professionals, run PayJoy's critical financial operations at the highest level, and work with company executive leadership to set the strategic direction for our long term success.
- Work with and advise the the executive team to set the strategic path of the company for long term success, acting as the expert on the financial implications of business decisions.
- Interact with the company board of directors to evaluate key strategic initiatives and coordinate PayJoy’s financing strategy.
- Run the budgeting process with multiple global stakeholders and set budgets for departments across the company.
- Lead company-wide financial modeling and build consolidated financial statements for forecasting.
- Develop financial reports on operations and customer performance for PayJoy’s internal and external stakeholders, including debt and equity investors.
- Work with product, operations and risk teams to model customer cash flows and unit economics.
- Manage accounting team for day-to-day reconciliation of business expenses.
- Implement appropriate financial controls for company operations and expenses.
- Senior experience in a finance role at a high-performance business; experience in technology, enterprise sales, or lending, companies a plus.
- Strong educational background in finance and accounting; MBA, CPA, CFA qualifications a plus.
- Exceptional people-management skills.
- Expert financial modeling and accounting skills.
- Experience working with International business entities a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with NetSuite, SQL, multi-entity and multi-currency consolidation under US GAAP a plus.
- Investor reporting experience.
- Strong alignment with company mission to expand access to technology and financial services to underserved populations in emerging markets.
PayJoy is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse pool of talent and welcomes talented applicants of all backgrounds.