PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2020. PayJoy software has been the basis of financing over $100M in consumer credit.
The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with teammates from Engineering, Sales, Data Science, and User Experience and External Partners, to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at PayJoy speed. As a Product Manager, you will be a crucial part of defining PayJoy’s future.
In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale. This means defining the vision and product strategy and launching highly impactful products.
One of the many reasons PayJoy develops innovative products is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative, innovative engineers to design and develop technologies that enable consumer finance in emerging markets. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, defining, packaging and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where we do business.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Work collaboratively with engineers and cutting edge technologies.
- Manage product launches, working closely with PayJoy engineers, sales and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Develop a plan with well-defined launch milestones.
- Strong ability to communicate concisely verbally and in writing
- Manage communication of progress/status within the company and external to the team (customers, partners, etc.); escalate issues as necessary.
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming issues to identify quality issues and trends.
- Develop vision and roadmap for your feature sets and products
- Ability to project and measure the impact of your launches
- BA/BS degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a software Product Manager in a product company.
- 1 year of experience managing Enterprise Products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Able to understand what it takes to write code and an understanding of the software development process.
- Track record of leading cross-functional teams of highly talented individuals.
- Track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge, throughput, and accomplishments.
- Experience in successfully launching products with external technical partners.
- Experience launching Android applications.
- Background in Financial Services (“fintech”).