PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer to work on our core products and to help shape the future of what we build at PayJoy. You will enjoy solving Quality and troubleshooting challenges on products built to scale in emerging markets worldwide. The ideal candidate will have a background in a technical field, will have strong Test Engineering or QA experience, and has worked in a high caliber Engineering organization. You are methodical, a self-starter, enjoy problem solving, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product. You are able to lead the work of other QA analysts/engineers and are comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy across products.
- Implement and evolve QA processes to get scalable testing across multiple products. Includes running manual and automated tests to ensure comprehensive product testing.
- Lead Quality assurance and troubleshooting efforts that align with product objectives.
- Lead a team of committed Technical Support and QA Analysts in the Engineering organization.
- Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product.
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to define and use automation to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Work on building a Quality driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and with high confidence.
- Be the voice of Quality for a product/feature, assess risks to and ensure shipping features with a high quality bar.
- Other related activities as required. For instance, document and review quality processes across the organization and support quality audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Field (Computer Science preferred)
- 5 years of quality assurance or test engineering experience; 2+ years in a Test Lead role
- Experience troubleshooting and reproducing issues with customers and Support teams
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving experience
- 2+ years of experience doing quality assurance on mobile applications (Android preferred)
- Basic experience in a Python, PHP or other modern programming language.
- Experience working in product or SaaS company.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.