PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major clients to bring credit to millions in 2019.
PayJoy is expanding internationally and hiring a General Manager for Southeast Asia. The right candidate will be talented and ambitious, looking for a high-growth opportunity at an extremely promising startup, while also deeply motivated by and aligned with PayJoy’s mission to empower the next billion smartphone users.
- Strong business experience (10+ years) in both the region and internationally.
- Willingness to get into the weeds in growing a business from the ground up -- and ideally doing so before in a startup environment.
- Ability to manage a complex sale and launch product into the region, ideally in enterprise software licensing.
- Top-ranked MBA or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English; prefer fluency in local languages as well.
- Determine regional business strategy; oversee its implementation and own its P&L.
- Initiate and manage client relationships.
- Liaise with PayJoy product development team and business development team.
- Resolve any and all challenges that come up locally and autonomously drive local success.
- Hire and manage local team.
What can you expect:
As General Manager, you will be PayJoy’s primary in-region executive, in charge of working with HQ to identify the appropriate business strategy, negotiating with clients, leading operations implementation, and overseeing the regional P&L. You will coordinate between our San Francisco headquarters business development and product teams, and major international businesses operating in your region, including some of the largest mobile network operators, retailers, and financial companies in the world. You will use your strong international business experience to build successful relationships with clients and create a thriving new enterprise. You may travel extensively in your region to meet with clients, and you may hire a small but high-powered team of professionals to execute in-country operations.