PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
The PayJoy Lock API is crucial to PayJoy. It is the basis on which we have built the rest of our products to serve millions of users worldwide. As a Principal Software Engineer, your primary focus will be to build out the API and its companion products (a mobile app for consumers, a dashboard for Administrators). These are used by our Partners to deliver credit in diverse markets globally. As a key part of PayJoy’s global engineering team, you need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies. In sum, we are looking for senior engineers with strong industry experience to provide technical leadership for our Android Lock product line.
- Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of software development experience writing production code
- Experience using the Android framework and Android permissions model
- Experienced in mobile security, including the use of cryptography and https
- Familiar with Android Mobile Device Management and Android Application Security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High-caliber high-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent
- Published apps in Google Play Store
- Familiar with Google Play Protect
- Fluent in Git
- Familiar with app privacy and related data security issues
- Primarily, design and write code to implement the PayJoy Lock to make it available via partners and app stores
- Implement Android features and troubleshoot live Android bugs affecting user experience, client-server communication, and security, to help us scale to millions of customers.
- Additional engineering as required. For instance, design and implement components of PayJoy’s web apps, data platform, and integrations.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Collaborate with Product and Business teams to ensure that your work successfully reaches our end users.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.