PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2020.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be a key part of PayJoy’s global engineering team, you will need to be up for new technical challenges and be willing to learn new technologies. Your primary focus will be to build out PayJoy’s products, lead design and delivery efforts and mentor engineers technically. In sum, we are looking for senior engineers with strong industry experience to provide technical leadership for our evolving product line and our fast-growing engineering team.
- Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of software engineering experience writing production code
- Experience with SQL
- Creative and fast problem solving capabilities.
- Experience in technically leading engineering teams to successfully launch products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High-caliber high-performance experience at a top company
- Software engineering experience in a SaaS company
- Fluent in Git
- Background in Android engineering
- Web front-end programming in HTML and CSS
- Troubleshoot live bugs affecting user experience, client-server communication, and security, to help us scale to millions of customers.
- Additional engineering as required. For instance, design and implement components of PayJoy’s web apps, data platform, and integrations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Work with global engineering teams and partners to deliver great products into international markets.
- Work in teams with product, design, data science, risk, and operations to design and build great products.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.