PayJoy has a full time opportunity for a UX Designer in San Francisco to create amazing end-to-end user experiences that will enable the next billion users to access financing for smartphones and cash loans.
At PayJoy, we recognize the power of building a world-class user experience. We work along with distribution and finance partners to serve the underbanked. This means building products to serve consumers as well as our partners.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and polished design, the desire to apply UX techniques to understand underbanked users in emerging markets, and the ability to translate high-level requirements and UX strategies into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You will collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, and international country teams to create visuals and UI experiences, execute all visual design stages from concept to hand-off, and conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
You will jump in and work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to quickly design specific assets. This will include creating:
- Wireframes, low and high fidelity mocks, and prototypes
- Designs for both mobile (primarily Android) and web
- Templates so that Engineers and PMs can generalize and reuse to continue to build great assets for years
- 3+ years of experience designing products for B2B and B2C users
- Professional experience in Android UX design where you’ve designed, launched, and grown a mobile product
- You’ve demonstrated experience working independently
- Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills; experience in communicating your design process
- You have a strong portfolio and evidence of capability to make fast impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field
- Experience designing products in the identity or consumer finance space
- High-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.