Status: Full time
Benefits: Health/vision/dental insurance, stock options, commuter benefits
PayJoy’s mission is to make smartphones affordable for everyone worldwide. Our unique technology enables people who lack credit to purchase their first smartphone on an installment plan. As Engineering Manager, you will lead your engineering team of highly qualified and motivated engineers to build the technical infrastructure to qualify customers and manage millions of devices worldwide.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science from a top 25 CS university
● 5+ years work experience, 1+ years leadership experience, managed teams of 3+ people
● Fluency in a wide variety technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
● Write code as a key individual contributor: Design and implement major components of PayJoy’s web and mobile apps, data analysis, and integrations, that support both individual customers and major business partners with world-class user experience and reliability.
● Motivate, and support your team (3-10 engineers) in finding job satisfaction and reaching their potential. Work with company leadership to recruit top engineers and build a positive work culture.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy started in 2015 offering smartphone financing options to the 80 million under-served Americans and immigrants who lack any options to finance their first smartphone. We are now serving customers in the US and Mexico and planning launches in Asia, with the ultimate goal of bringing 1 billion people into the modern digital, mobile economy for the first time.
We are a team of 40+ (and growing) with experience from Stanford, MIT, Google, Amazon, Uber, Facebook, McKinsey, Kiva, and Citibank, funded by top FinTech investors.