Status: Full time permanent employee
Benefits: Health/vision/dental insurance, stock options, commuter benefits
PayJoy’s mission is to make smartphones affordable for everyone worldwide. Our unique technology enables people who lack credit to purchase their first smartphone on an installment plan.
As PayJoy’s first Infrastructure Engineer, you will lead the process of scaling our technology infrastructure to support millions of customers worldwide. This encompasses a variety of roles, including Site Reliability Engineer, Deployment Engineer, Developer Operations, and infrastructure. You will be part of PayJoy’s global engineering team and may also be called on to develop our web frontend and backend, partner API integrations, security, and data science initiatives. You need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies.
● Degree in Computer Science from a top CS university or previous employment at a top technology company
● 5+ years of software development experience
● 3+ years with infrastructure engineering, including AWS (EC2, RDS, Elasticseach), Ubuntu, MySQL, Datadog
● Act as principal engineer in charge of architecture design; review design documents and advise the rest of engineering team on best practices to achieve designs that can scale.
● Oversee monitoring and product alerts; design and implement a triage and escalation system. You are not the sole on-call SRE; you will guide the team to build the high-performance, low maintenance system we need.
● Advise the engineering team on software deployment best practices and build tools to improve the efficiency and reduce hurdles to our software development.
● As a regular contributing member of the global engineering team, you may design and implement major components of PayJoy’s web and mobile apps, data analysis, and integrations.
● Support internal business teams and customer-facing operations to deliver world-class user experience and reliability.
● Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy started in 2015 offering smartphone financing options to the 80 million under-served Americans and immigrants who lack any options to finance their first smartphone. We are now serving customers in the US and Mexico and planning launches in Asia, with the ultimate goal of bringing 1 billion people into the modern digital, mobile economy for the first time.
We are a team of 40+ (and growing) with experience from Stanford, MIT, Google, Amazon, Uber, Facebook, McKinsey, Kiva, and Citibank, funded by top FinTech investors.