PayJoy’s mission is to make smartphones affordable for everyone worldwide. Our unique technology enables people who lack credit to purchase their first smartphone on an installment plan. As Senior Software Engineer, you will build the technical infrastructure to qualify customers and manage millions of devices worldwide.
You will be involved in working with Android OS and security, as well as app design, web frontend and backend, and partner API integrations. You need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies and dig into uncharted technical areas.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of software development experience at a successful technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a tier-1 engineering college (NITs, IITs, or similar)
- Full stack web development using AngularJS, PHP, and SQL
- An eye for responsive web design and user experience
- Fluency in a wide variety of technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Understanding of healthy coding standards and development practices
- Ability to move fast in a small startup environment
- Ability to take projects from start to completion and work collaboratively across teams
- Design and implement major components of PayJoy’s web and mobile apps, data analysis, and integrations
- Support internal teams and customer-facing operations to deliver world-class user experience and reliability
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy started in 2015 financing smartphone access for to people who would otherwise be locked out of broad digital access. Today, our unique locking technology and data science enables us to offer smartphone financing to underbanked people in the U.S. and Mexico, and we are now expanding to emerging markets worldwide. Our ambition is to bring 1 billion people into the modern digital, mobile economy for the first time.
We are a team of 40 (and growing) with experience from Stanford, MIT, Google, Facebook, McKinsey, Kiva, and Citibank, funded by top FinTech investors.