PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2019.
As a Sales Manager for PayJoy Southeast Asia you will play a key role in helping us achieve our mission by working closely with the Southeast Asia General Manager on all operational and financial aspects of the Malaysia business, as well as being an active team member of the Southeast Asia operations from the very beginning.
- At least 2 years of sales and/or front line experience in a top consulting firm, financial institution, fintech startup, or electronics retailer.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university in industrial engineering, business, economics, or finance.
- Excellent technical skills with Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Self-orientation, drive, and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to business partners, customers, and different members of our team, both in Malaysia and in San Francisco.
- Strong alignment with PayJoy’s mission and a passion for helping under-served communities.
- Work closely with General Manager on all efforts related to PayJoy Malaysia and the core business, including operations, finance, sales, marketing, and business development.
- Review and assess operational and financial performance for PayJoy Malaysia. Construct recommendations on the business based on such results, observations, and analysis.
- Improve execution and operational dynamics between PayJoy Malaysia and its commercial partners, including large consumer finance groups, smartphone retailers, and telecommunication carriers across Malaysia.
- Troubleshoot technical, sales, customer support, and operational challenges directly with PayJoy commercial partners, front line sales and customer service reps, and the PayJoy global support team.
- Work on strategic presentations for clients, business partners, and senior management at PayJoy.
This is a unique opportunity to get real experience and responsibility at a cutting-edge startup that is experiencing rapid growth. As a part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customer while working alongside seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs with experience from Stanford, Wharton, MIT, Google, PIMCO, Facebook, McKinsey, Oportun, Kiva, HSBC, and Citibank.