PayJoy has an opportunity for a full-time software engineering position in Mexico City to help us build the technology that will enable the next billion people to afford high quality smartphones. Our unique locking technology includes some proprietary “secret sauce” based on undocumented parts of Android OS and firmware, as well as app design, web frontend and backend, and partner API integrations. You should be prepared to embrace technical challenges and willing to learn new technologies quickly.
- Web front-end programming in HTML and CSS.
- Query and manage MySQL databases.
- Work closely with San Francisco-based engineering team to accomplish Mexico specific tasks.
- Work with product, design, data science, risk and operations to iterate on tools and reports.
- Holds a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field from top university.
- Creative and fast problem solving capabilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Highly competitive salary and company stock options.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned professionals and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy is bringing consumer finance to people who otherwise could not afford modern electronics such as smartphones. Today, our unique locking technology enables us to offer monthly installment payment plans to millions who otherwise would be unable to afford a quality smartphone. Our ambition is to deliver affordable consumer finance to 1B+ people worldwide to obtain a smartphone and join the modern digital, mobile economy.
We are a small and nimble team of 40 (and growing) with experience from Stanford, MIT, Google, Facebook, McKinsey, Kiva, and Citibank, funded by top FinTech investors.