Clip is changing the way payments work in Mexico! We are empowering people to exchange value directly from a mobile device. Clip enables anyone to accept card payments, at anytime, and anywhere by turning your smartphone or tablet into a card terminal. We're a well funded quickly growing FinTech startup. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets. Our mission: we allow people and businesses to exchange value and develop enduring relationships in a simple, fast, safe, socially relevant and more beautiful way. We are accomplishing our goals with our teams located in Mexico City, Mexico and Draper, Utah. We are the leaders in our market and are accelerating to extend our lead and move into new markets.
Purpose of the Job:
Work with team members to ensure consistently elegant and scalable software architecture, efficient and resilient deployment and CI/CD infrastructure, and leverage existing and emerging cloud technology to create radically scalable, reliable, and innovative solutions for a disruptive company experiencing hyper growth.
1. Design and build core technology using industry leading technologies including virtualized and container-based infrastructure and related technologies, Aurora and NoSQL, and other AWS-based infrastructure in a way that improves delivery of new functionality.
2. Review, audit, and provide feedback to engineers on best practices for securing software components.
3. Help drive the completion of projects and objectives in an Agile software development organization.
4. Track progress against milestones, identify and resolve obstacles, communicate objectives and requirements.
5. Communicate and provide transparency for development status and progress within and outside the organization.
6. Optimize cooperation and coordination between the Product Management organization and the Engineering Team to ensure we build the right things and build things right.
7. Ability to deal with pressure, reduce conflict, and help others to learn new skills and innovate.
8. Communicate and train Engineers in software best practices, architectural principles, design patterns, and effective software development principles.
9. Evaluate new technologies and create proof-of-concepts for expected use cases with sufficient detail to facilitate the decision making process.
Education level and Major required:
B.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Technical knowledge and Skills required:
1. Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a development team.
2. Mature knowledge/experience with software development and Agile development methodology.
3. Strong experience with application development (including automated testing), microservices and related technologies.
4. Strong experience with highly scalable web-based technology, mobile application principles, and emerging infrastructure technologies such as containers, serverless architectures, lambdas, etc.
5. Strong SQL skills for both design and queries and can mentor others on best practices and optimizations.
6. Ability to use tools and metrics to communicate and present information in an effective and compelling way.
7. Strong technical aptitude and interest in technology and mobile devices.
Ability to adapt and work in a flexible and changing startup environment.
8. Exemplary English written and spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills.
9. Spanish fluency a plus.
10. Experience in Latin American markets a plus.
11. Experience in financial and/or payment card industry a plus.
12. Experience with PCI DSS, a plus.
Software Engineering/Development of web services and scalable applications. Years: 7+
Software Architecture of web services and scalable applications. Years: 3+