Payability is a fast growing fintech company founded and located in New York City, right in the heart of SoHo. Recently named in the top 100 in the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America List, Payability provides flexible financing and payment solutions to small businesses in the digital economy, helping improve their cash conversion cycle. Payability has financed over $1.5 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
As part of the product & development team, you are part of the robust engine that supports Payability’s promise to our customers for friction-free financing! The product & development team includes a product management arm, QA testers, as well as a dedicated, collaborative engineering force. PMs and engineers partner together on various projects ranging from data science, machine learning, internal tools, customer facing products, to name a few. We support the end-to-end SDLC lifecycle for our projects as well as post-production support. This role will report directly into the CTO.
We are looking for a support engineer to join our growing technology team.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving day-to-day issues and post-release support issues
- Engaging with operational business units (Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to give updates on open issues
- Working closely with our Development group to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Documenting, troubleshooting, and problem resolution steps
- Contributing to our automated testing suite
- Being able to write quick on-the-spot scripts for data extraction from databases
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ability to quickly think through complex operational issues, devise a solution, and produce a fix
- Capable of working with multiple stakeholders (Product Managers, Users, etc.) to understand problems at hand to recommend a path to resolution
- Able to prioritize the most burning operational issues to the top
- Escalate to senior developers for issues that require resolution in a timely manner
- Graceful under pressure as he/she navigates & understand complex issues
A typical day will include:
A typical day for the support engineer will be working on escalated day-to-day inquiries from operational teams. The engineer will have to adhere to internal SLAs for issue resolution. The engineer will also partner with development teams to resolve more complex issues and receive training on the entire platform from the technology team. The engineer may also be requested to create scripts for data extraction and run database queries. There will be a formal onboarding for this role prior to the engineer receiving tickets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in programming and scripting
- Experience with SQL databases, writing own queries
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with AWS cloud is a plus