Payability is a fast-growing fintech company founded and located in New York City. Payability provides flexible financing solutions to the small businesses in the digital economy. Payability has financed over $1 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth, and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
At the heart of Payability, the Product Management team is responsible for helping craft and execute on the company’s product vision to provide friction-free financing to marketplace sellers. You will be part of our “product engine” that drives product strategy and guides our platform through the entire product lifecycle. We sit at the intersection of business and technology and work hand-in-hand with Payability stakeholders and developers to innovate, conceptualize, design and implement capabilities to solve client problems. This role will report directly into the Head of Product Management.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Product Analyst to join our growing Product team.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Act as the main point of contact between various internal business units (Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, etc.), executive level stakeholders (CEO, CMO, CTO, etc.), and overall product management team for collecting and prioritizing incoming reporting needs.
- Translate strategic and business-as-usual requirements into actionable data tasks to provide a concise solution to meet requestor needs.
- Partner with technology counterparts (engineers, project managers) to understand Payability’s underlying data structure to source data effectively to display to end-users and/or communicate necessary changes required to close data gaps.
- Capable to single-handedly deliver reports out of data visualization tools (Looker, Google Data Studios, etc.) and/or database tools (PyCharm, etc.) for internal stakeholders, executive-level stakeholders, or for internal projects
- Appropriately display requested data in user-friendly consumable formats such as reports, graphs, dashboards
- Regularly provide updates to stakeholders on outstanding requests and maintain tight feedback loop.
- Additional opportunity to work with our exciting Machine Learning team to assist in the development of models to manage and predict risk.
- Leverage SQL to retrieve and analyze data from databases and practice ETL process to manage large volumes of data.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Self-driven individual who will quickly dive in to understand Payability’s data structure, business model, and overall technology platform.
- Able to prioritize requests and stories according to overall company goals and manage expectations for the backlog of incoming requests.
- Capable of working with stakeholders to concisely define required solution to meet stakeholder need.
- Work extensively within data visualization tools and/or database tools to generate and deliver reports for stakeholders in a timely manner
- Partner with engineering to efficiently source data from the system and communicate gaps in data required in order to implement reporting.
- Manage and maintain any existing data visualizations within the data visualization tool
A typical day will include:
A typical day for the Business Intelligence Product Analyst will involve receiving on-the-spot requests for new reports from either internal users, executive-level stakeholders, while managing any reporting related requests for internal projects. The Product Analyst will have to be able to swiftly prioritize incoming requests to tackle urgent asks immediately, while maintaining a backlog of outstanding requests. The Product Analyst will have to partner with the stakeholder to devise a solution that meets the needs and deliver on the reporting ask by leveraging either a data visualization tool or querying the database directly. As required, the Product Analyst will also partner with Engineering to seek information regarding data location, to continually learn about the data structure, and report any gaps in data within the current system. Other day-to-day activities will include meetings for ongoing projects, delivering on reporting needs for cross-functional initiatives, working with stakeholders to define specifications, and engaging in the overall product lifecycle.
- 3+ years working on a successful business intelligence team
- Experience being part of a Product team a plus.
- Experience building a business intelligence platform from the ground up
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Looker & other technologies
- Strong experience with databases and/or querying languages
- Experience using JIRA and AGILE methodology. Familiarity with SCRUM and SDLC processes a plus.
- Solid presentation, negotiation and strategic thinking skills to varying audiences (end users, managers, technical and executive team)
- Understanding of various machine learning techniques a plus