Payability is a fast-growing fintech company founded and located in New York City. Payability provides flexible financing solutions to the small businesses in the digital economy. Payability has financed over $1 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth, and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
The Supply Chain Partnerships Associate will be part of Payability’s Business Development team, reporting directly to the Head of Business Development. Business Development works with every team at Payability to find and enable new areas of growth of the business. This team is responsible for the following functions: 1) scoping and executing on new revenue opportunities, 2) ensuring the operational success of those opportunities, and 3) thoroughly defining and documenting a repeatable process for those workflows. Supply Chain Partnerships is a new line of business at Payability, and this hire will help shape the future of this initiative.
As the leader of the Supply Chain Partnerships initiative, your goal will be to establish and grow Payability's distribution partner network, and empower distributors, wholesalers, manufacturers and others in the supply chain to offer their customers friction-free financing at the point of purchase through Payability. You will simultaneously be responsible for driving revenue, and consultatively building the right type of partnership program to ensure the long-term success of this initiative.
You will be in charge of scoping and testing products for supply chain partners and overseeing the operational success of their launches. This is much more than building an affiliate network or establishing channel partners; we believe that there is a massive untapped opportunity to enable more global commerce through simple, friction-free financing provided throughout the supply chain. It will be your responsibility to own that opportunity by sourcing, building and maintaining relationships with key players, identifying and developing the products they might need, and working closely with internal teams to best address this challenge. If executed correctly, these partnerships will be mutually beneficial for all 3 parties involved - the merchant, the supply chain partner, and Payability - and this program should build on its own momentum over time. You will be the face of Payability to an important segment of the broader ecommerce ecosystem.
This role will work with many teams within Payability. As such, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic thinker who can work cross-functionally to solve complex challenges with uncertain inputs and outputs. Within Payability, you will work with Marketing, Sales, Product, Development and the Leadership Team (among other key stakeholders) to ensure the success of the Supply Chain Partnerships initiative.
The ideal candidate is excellent at building external relationships through cold-calling, emails, conferences and referrals, and can seamlessly transition to leading thoughtful, strategic discussions with members of Payability’s Leadership Team, all while also being conversational in technical environments with product managers. The candidate should have working knowledge of technical concepts such as integrations, data feeds, and website infrastructure, and also be comfortable with the business applications of those concepts.
A typical week will likely be split in three main buckets: 1) strategizing on which value propositions might resonate with supply chain partners and creating supporting materials and MVPs to present to them, 2) prospecting and building relationships to pitch integrations and/or other types of partnerships based on (1), and 3) working with internal teams to ensure the success of your initiatives.
We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, proactive, and the right mix of strategic, technical and extroverted to establish this line of business at Payability. The ideal candidate is genuinely interested in Payability's mission and is interested in growing as part of the larger Payability team.
- The primary responsibility will be to source, nurture and close new partnerships that drive financing volume and revenue for Payability
- Create and execute the long-term strategy for the Supply Chain Partnerships function at Payability, from establishing the project and product scopes, identifying the addressable universe of partners, launching the program, and ensuring its ongoing success
- Work closely with Product to scope and build MVPs and live products supporting this initiative
- Identify and quantify new supply chain partnership opportunities (not specifically included in this job description) and execute against them
- Create and document any new processes that you build
- Be Payability's "eyes and ears" in the supply chain industry
- Assist in other special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of experience in a B2B sales, account management, sales ops, strategy, an entrepreneurial role, product management, consulting or investment banking.
- Having both institutional training and startup experience is a bonus
- Capable of and excited by the opportunity to represent Payability in the ecommerce ecosystem
- Experience working with both internal teams and external partners
- Genuine enjoyment working with cross-functional teams on complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively - verbally and in writing - with technical and non-technical teams
- Thrives in uncertain, rapidly changing environments
- Passionate about supply chain, logistics, payments, fintech and/or ecommerce markets