Payability is a fast growing fintech company founded and located in New York City, right in the heart of SoHo. Recently named in the top 100 in the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America List, Payability provides flexible financing and payment solutions to small businesses in the digital economy, helping improve their cash conversion cycle. Payability has financed over $1.5 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
At the heart of Payability, the Product Management team is responsible for helping craft and execute on the company’s product vision to provide friction-free financing to marketplace sellers. You will be part of our “product engine” that drives product strategy and guides our platform through the entire product lifecycle. We sit at the intersection of business and technology and work hand-in-hand with Payability stakeholders and developers to innovate, conceptualize, design and implement capabilities to solve client problems. This role will report directly into the Head of Product Management.
We are looking for a Fintech PM to join our growing Product Management team. This role will cover internal products, workflow automation, core operations optimizations, etc.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Drive the entire product lifecycle from ideation, gathering requirements, documenting specifications, partnering with Engineering for software implementation, testing, procuring end-user sign-off, and leading product launch.
- Work very closely with engineering to ensure they understand business logic and end-state product vision. Deliver top-notch specifications to Engineering for every initiative.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand our current operations tools & processes.
- Develop new ideas to automate manual processes, improve current tools, and overall raise the value of our current internal applications for the overall company. Ultimate goal is to remove manual touchpoints for users, improve UI quality for internal tools, and regularly enhance our internal products.
- Leverage data and reporting to make data driven product decisions.
- Assist in troubleshooting any production issue that may surface for the internal tools.
- Opportunity to work on cross-functional projects outside of internal operations, expanding into other areas of the Payability platform
- Enforce ‘connect-the-dots’ collaboration with fellow product managers by quickly identifying any necessary changes required from a operations standpoint due to other projects/initiatives
- Continually learn about the Payability platform and other areas outside of operations to stay up-to-date on the complete product offering.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Self-driven individual who will quickly dive in to understand Payability’s financial products, tools, and all things Payability.
- Strong individual contributor mentality:
- Able to effectively plan and organize work - capable of handling multiple demands & competing priorities at once. Excel by identifying goals, developing plans, estimating timeframes and not letting things ‘slip-through-the-cracks’.
- Cognizant of information wheel - maintain tight feedback loop by noting down details (product feedback, user requests, etc.) from all company stakeholders. Ensure that no detail is forgotten or left behind and is definitively acted upon.
- Deliver consistent results - assume personal responsibility for delivering outcomes. Work on the right tasks, finish what is started, and deliver top-quality results.
- Customer’s perception is your reality - demonstrate empathy for ALL customers who depend on you. This includes external customers, internal stakeholders, engineering, fellow product managers. You will be tugged in multiple directions but remain graceful under pressure while juggling with numerous demands and keep in mind larger company goals.
- Possess stakeholder relationship management skills. Be able to work closely with stakeholders to incorporate their needs, while also being capable to push back in order to achieve larger company goals.
- Live & breathe Payability (while having fun along the way).
A typical day will include:
A typical day for the product manager will start off in huddle with the engineering team. In huddle, engineers will discuss daily updates, request certification on any in-progress features, and ask questions on existing projects. There may be also further requests for product demos, additional clarification on business logic, wireframes, drafting specifications, & deep dive discussions. The PM will be responsible for delivering the necessary outputs required for Engineering to push their work forward, solely from a business point of view. During the day, the PM may receive product requests from internal stakeholders (generally BAU) as well as be pulled into discussions for company initiatives that might disseminate from top-down (CEO, CMO, CTO, Head of Product, etc). This will require continuous juggling of multiple priorities, keeping track of noteworthy stakeholder discussions, pushing back when needed, maintaining tight feedback loop etc. Other day-to-day activities will include assisting & triaging production issues, communication of priorities/noteworthy changes to Engineering, working with other product managers, etc.
- 3-5 years working in a product management team, specifically for internal operations applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Exceptional project management, organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Experience in FinTech and/or small business lending
- Proven track record as a product manager
- Strong business intuition, financial acumen, and ability to understand complex business systems
- Experience creating workflow diagrams, wireframes, user flows, etc.
- Experience using JIRA and AGILE methodology. Familiarity with SCRUM and SDLC processes a plus.
- Experience working with engineering team of 5+ engineers. Off-shore a plus.
- Experience working in a start up a plus