Payability is a fast-growing fintech company founded and located in New York City. Payability provides flexible financing solutions to small businesses in the digital economy. Payability has financed over $1 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
Payability is looking for a highly motivated individual to take on the role of People Operations Associate. This role is crucial to making Payability a great place to work; championing Core Values, encouraging communication, uniting Payability offices, and creating culture-building events.
This role of People Operations Associate will be part of the Finance Team reporting to the VP of Finance, but will have significant interaction with all team members and team leaders across offices.
You will work with team leaders across all offices, including internationally, to help recruiting efforts by screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and coordinating in-person interviews. You’ll lead employee onboarding ensuring that new hires have the equipment that they need and are exposed to all areas of the business, and are set up for success at Payability. The successful candidate will also be a primary contact between Payability and our Professional Employer Organization (“PEO”), Justworks.
You’ll lead efforts to champion Payability’s Core Values and work to ensure Payability’s culture is cross pollinated across all offices, including our international operations in Europe. In the NYC office, you will lead the charge in coordinating culture-building team events, maintaining the current office space, ordering food & beverage, and scheduling. You will also work closely with Finance to seek future office space as needs present themselves.
The ideal candidate embraces working in an evolving, creative environment, focuses on positive interactions, and champions Payability’s Core Values, in addition to being forward-thinking with great organizational and communication skills.
The successful candidate must have experience in working with team leaders of all levels, coordinating events, purchasing food/beverage and supplies, and be technically savvy with organization and communication tools (Google Drive, G Suite, Slack, etc). The successful candidate also must have exposure to the recruiting / hiring process: screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and onboarding new employees.
- Work with all offices internationally to ensure that Payability’s Core Values and culture are being cross pollinated.
- Assist team leaders with the hiring process from screening resumes to scheduling interviews through onboarding new employees.
- Lead the daily operations in NYC ensuring that the office feels like home. You’ll work with external and internal partners to ensure that the Payability team has awesome SWAG, food/beverages, world-class events, and everything else necessary to make Payability an awesome place to be.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years (or more) experience in a similar role
- Startup and/or experience in a hyper-growth organization a plus
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to move quickly and make on the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail
- Track record of consistently going above and beyond what’s expected
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a spectrum of personalities and minimal oversight
- Strong MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint and Google email/calendar/doc skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Thrives in uncertain, rapidly changing environments
- Passionate about the fintech and ecommerce markets