Payability is a fast-growing fintech company founded and headquartered in New York City. Payability provides flexible financing solutions to the small businesses in the digital economy. Payability has financed over $1 billion in growth capital to thousands of small businesses. We’re looking for talented people to join our dynamic team in continuing to drive our rapid growth, and bringing friction-free financial products to small businesses.
As part of the product & development team, you are part of the robust engine that supports Payability’s promise to our customers for friction-free financing! The product & development team includes a product management arm, QA testers, as well as a dedicated, collaborative engineering force. PMs and engineers partner together on various projects ranging from data science, machine learning, internal tools, customer facing products, to name a few. We support the end-to-end SDLC lifecycle for our projects as well as post-production support. This role will report directly into the Machine Learning Lead.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing technology team. The ideal candidate will be independent data scientist with strong communication, analysis and machine learning / deep learning models development skills. Being passionate in fintech industry and having the ability to take ownership in each project are more than welcome on this position. Technology stack that is currently in use within the team: Python, SQL, AWS Cloud, SageMaker, TensorFlow, microservices architecture, to name a few.
- Identifying and defining business cases where the model should be used, with strong business understanding
- Data mining, feature selection, exploratory analysis, searching for new sources of data
- Research and benchmark of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models according to the business case
- Preparing datasets, training, tuning, testing and deploying models to both test and production environment
- Maintenance of existing models, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation of models
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning development
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with PostgreSQL database
- Strong background in data science
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with AWS cloud is a plus
- Experience with Deep Learning is a plus
- Thrives in uncertain, rapidly changing environments
- Passionate about the fintech and ecommerce markets