PathFactory’s Content Insight and Activation Platform helps B2B marketers understand the role of content in the buyer’s journey and discover a new class of data to optimize the path to purchase. PathFactory uses this data and insight to optimize content delivery across every channel, connecting buyers with the most relevant information whenever and wherever they click.
So what does a Software Test Engineer at PathFactory do?
You will work in one of our feature teams and be part of the development lifecycle to release amazing products. You’ll be involved in our projects from beginning to end, making sure that testing is planned and executed throughout the project. You will test what the team builds, break it, and help them fix it properly. We operate in an Agile Development environment and we’re continuing to invest heavily in research and development.
- Create a detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Review requirements, specifications, design acceptance criteria and technical designs to provide timely and meaningful feedback during and after testing features
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Execute performance, load test and security test for features and products
- Work as an agile member of a combined development and test team, running in short cycles to develop functional software in quick iterations
- Work with the developers on feature teams to write automation tests during each sprint
- Participate in functional specification and software design reviews held by your team and provide customer-centric input
- Maintain and Improve automation solutions for functional and regression testing. (Selenium, Capybara, RSpec)
- Deploy and maintain continuous test environments for automated test execution
- Report, track and manage software defects (Jira)
- Have a passion for testing and breaking software
- 3-5 years of hands-on software testing of web applications and quality assurance activities
- 3+ years developing automated tests using various popular testing toolkits or frameworks in testing web applications
- Proficiency with test automation and Selenium testing framework
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following automation frameworks: RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber
- Experience with API testing using various tools (ie. Postman, REST, SOAP, etc)
- Familiarity with general programming languages (Ruby preferred)
- Skilled with GIT and JIRA
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Knowing and sound knowledge on CI/CD tools (ie. Jenkins) would be a bonus.
- Good understanding of working with databases (ie. MySQL)
The position is located in downtown Toronto.
Why Work at PathFactory?
This is where we get to boast a little about why we’re awesome and why it would be awesome for you to work with us. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, PathFactory is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity. We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our newly renovated open concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly all-hands meetings, team lunches, company events and a quarterly Founders’ Award for the team member who best embodies our values – these are all cherries on top of the PathFactory cake!
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
If you believe you have the right stuff, apply below. Attach your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this job! We are marketers, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through.
PathFactory is an equal opportunity employer.
It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. PathFactory is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.