The Precast Production Worker is responsible for cleaning and preparing forms, bed layout, placing forms, setting embeds, working in yard, placing and finishing concrete as well as picking the individual panels. The Precast Production Worker will be expected to operate a forklift, overhead crane, rebar bender, a variety of hand tools and assorted other types of powered equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
The responsibilities of the Precast Production Laborer include but are not limited to the following:
- Sweep and remove waste concrete from work area.
- Roll grease on form cores and spray release oil on form walls.
- Tie steel mesh and rebar re-enforcement with tie guns and manual methods.
- Cut and bend rebar.
- Size, cut and place styrofoam blockouts.
- Bolt and unbolt form walls with impact guns.
- Lift, carry and place aluminium hatchways and steel frames.
- Float, finish and edge concrete surfaces.
- Operate overhead cranes for lowering rebar cages, placing and pouring concrete, and stripping product.
- Regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Assist other trades within the plant as required.
- Assist with project work as directed by Department Manager
- Comply with all ParkUSA policies, procedures and guidelines
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must be 18 yrs old or older
- Highschool Diploma, GED or equivalent
- General knowledge of manual labour
- read and understand shop tickets, documents, (including piece tickets), drawings and follow instructions (whether presented in written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
- Able to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Proficient in safety regulations and quality control related items.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from construction jobsites and/or shop.
- Regularly attend work and be punctual.
- Must be skilled in using both hand and power tools.
Employee must have the ability to
- work professionally, cooperatively and politely in a team environment and with customers.
- learn, organize and prioritize work, delegate tasks as necessary.
- handle multiple tasks, work independently, recognize issues and solve problems.
- use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity.
- stand/bend/stretch/reach/kneel/crawl, etc.
- stand for sustained periods of time.
- climb ladders and have no fear of heights.
- read a tape measure.
- pass respirator fit test.
- All accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site must be immediately reported to your supervisor.
- All safety and health hazards must be reported to supervisors.
- All Employees are asked to take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
What do our Jobs Offer?
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
At ParkUSA, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including:
- Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Company match on 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday Pay.
ParkUSA is growing national firm always on the lookout for the best solutions for our projects, engineers, and customers. We are continuously seeking talented people to add to our team, offering a high-energy, team-based environment that focuses on employee growth and development. If you have experience in our industry and bring a unique set of skills to the table, we'd like to hear from you!
Thanks for your interest in ParkUSA!