Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a Research Associate to play an important role in the development of novel NGS target enrichment assay technologies and support current operations. This is a laboratory-based position with great career potential for a junior scientist or technically oriented entry level candidates who already have or wishes to gain hands-on molecular biology experience in the next-generation sequencing space. This position offers a rare opportunity to build a strong multidisciplinary foundation in an exciting space. The ideal candidate must have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills. He/she should be driven to learn and motivated to develop great products and maintain the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact both internally and externally, i.e. manufacturing, operations, supply chain, customers, business development, marketing, and R&D. Candidates who demonstrate strong interest and potential will be encouraged to work on projects and tasks that excites them with the support of the Paragon Genomics team!
- Support and assist MFG and QC activities by
- Preparing reagents and buffers following GMP
- Performing QC on finished goods
- Packaging and kitting
- Testing and validating new SOPs
- Draft and author new documents
- Support Technical Support activities such as troubleshooting and verification studies
- Support key customers
- Support Application Scientist in troubleshooting work
- Opportunities for Field Application work
- Support custom orders and logistics of custom order to ensure smooth sales to MFG transition
- Potentially directly interface with key customer(s) for technical support and ensure customer satisfaction
- With interest and demonstration of abilities, support R&D activities such as product development projects with guidance
- Investigations for new chemistries or applications
- Assay development and assay optimizations
- Drafting and executing test plans
- Participate in conferences (i.e. poster presentations or workshops)
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in a relevant field (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- 1+ years of experience in NGS lab; MFG and/or QC preferred. Entry-level will be considered if the candidate shows promise as an eager, proactive, and quick learner.
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and highly collaborative, and have the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Meticulous attention to details, experiment execution, and record-keeping
- Familiarity with GMP and experience working within a quality system
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Great communication and presentation skills to ensure superb customer support
- Leadership skills with a desire for career growth and advancement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a dynamic and growing company developing and commercializing breakthrough target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of talented scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlex® technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, and stock options.