Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a highly versatile Associate Marketing Manager to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for driving the marketing programs for the Company across all of its products in the Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) target enrichment and library preparation market. The ideal candidate is a hybrid of a creative graphic designer, passionate technical writer, and relentless marketer. This person will plan and execute marketing activities, including trade show attendance, digital and content marketing, social media, technical presentations, market research and analysis, and customer development, to build brand awareness and drive sales.
This position requires a person with strong demonstrated skills in all aspects of product marketing: strategic (go-to-market), tactical (digital and content marketing), and supportive (sales training and collateral). The ideal candidate will have: (1) A technical and scientific background in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or biochemistry; (2) Experience in introducing and promoting life sciences products (especially Next-Generation Sequencing reagents) in the academic/NGS service/pharma markets; and (3) Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Develop and execute highly effective marketing programs and campaign materials to support product launches, lead generation, and brand awareness
· Participate in the development of digital marketing strategy, including email campaigns, SEO/SEM, social media, etc.
· Develop and track marketing metrics to measure the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns
· Assist the team on product life cycle management activities and other ongoing projects
· Provide support to the US sales team and international distributors
· Plan, coordinate, and execute conference exhibition and attendance
· Generate and update marketing collateral, web pages, and customer-facing presentations
· Develop and cultivate key opinion leaders
· Monitor industry development and competitive landscape
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
· Strong business acumen, emotional intelligence, and organizational skills
· Ability to perform under pressure, adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to distill highly technical data to focused marketing materials that can be easily digested by a broad audience, including customers, the scientific community, distributors, etc.
· Experience in marketing life sciences products, especially NGS target enrichment and library preparation reagents
· Experience in various forms of digital marketing, including email marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, etc.
· Excellent technical writing, creative/graphic design, and editing skills
· Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator or equivalent software
· Proficiency in WordPress preferred
· Ability to travel 30%
Education & Background Requirements:
· Undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in Biology or a related scientific/technical subject
· Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in a life sciences marketing capacity
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a dynamic and growing company developing and commercializing breakthrough target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of best-in-class scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlex® technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, free lunch, paid time off, and stock options.