We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Manufacturing Scientist to join our Manufacturing team. The ideal candidate has knowledge of and experience with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and will take leadership in all aspects of manufacturing activities of the entire product production process.
- Involvement in all aspects of manufacturing activities of the entire product production process from Planning, Inventory Management, Ongoing Supply, and Quality Improvement activities.
- Work closely with Marketing/Sales to prioritize production schedules in order to achieve product availability objectives while maintaining high degrees of ISO standards.
- Ensure adequate inventory to satisfy bulk manufacturing needs.
- Work with R&D during new product introductions and product transfers.
- Execute timely closure of work orders.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 years of relevant industry experience. Experience in life sciences preferred.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or chemistry.
- Experience and understanding of design control elements.
- Experience in preparing manufacturing documents including SOPs, specification sheets, and worksheets.
- Manufacture complex products following ISO and complete all necessary documentation in accordance with the quality system.
- Deliver projects in a high-pressure environment with flexible scheduling and execution. Meet on-time delivery, quality, safety, and productivity goals.
- Provide on-time results to a customer base that has highly-customized deliverables.
- Develop policies and procedures, and explore new capabilities through the use of Practical Process Improvement.
- Determine the most effective and efficient way to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel. Inventory Management software experience a plus.
- Experience working with a Quality Management System and familiarity with ISO 13485 regulations.
- Ability to present and communicate (oral and written) information in a clear manner.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs routinely.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex® DNA
, CleanPlex® RNA
and CleanPlex® UMI
provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, and stock options.