Schedule: Part Time
Position Type: Temporary/contract with possible permanent placement
Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We’re seeking a temporary Manufacturing Associate with a molecular biology background and basic technical knowledge of manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate has knowledge of and experience with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The ideal candidate will have wet-lab technical skills in NGS library preparation, target enrichment or molecular biology, in general. There is an opportunity for permanent placement for the candidate who demonstrates competence and a willingness to learn new responsibilities.
- Prepare reagents and buffers; labeling, kitting and packaging of products.
- Package products for shipping, record shipping information, assist internal parties with shipping activities.
- Perform all GMP manufacturing operations under cGMP requirements and adhere to valid manufacturing procedures and documentation.
- Unpack items to be stocked on shelves in supply rooms or storage areas. Store items in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using a computer.
- Label stock items and assign lot numbers using identification tags, stamps, or other labeling equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned based on ability.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Biological Science or other relevant field, with a minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience, or an Associate degree with 4+ years of relevant industry experience in a manufacturing or lab technician role.
- Molecular biology laboratory skills. Experience in multiplex PCR, sample preparation, ctDNA and/or dPCR/qPCR is highly valued.
- Knowledge of ISO, Good Document Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) a plus.
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, including experience with MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Demonstrated mathematical skills, including the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversions.
- Detail oriented and organized. Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and follow written instructions.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Must be able to multi-task, perform under pressure, and adapt to changes (in priorities and timelines) in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work independently and safely in a lab environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
privacy-policy/ for information about how your personal data is processed and stored.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a dynamic and growing company developing and commercializing breakthrough target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of talented scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlex® technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.