Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a full-time NGS Sales Specialist to join the team in our San Francisco Bay Area office.
- Demonstrate technical credibility to consult with customers on Paragon Genomics technology solutions and deliver technical talks highlighting key value propositions in the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) industry
- Understand customer needs and challenges and sell into Targeted NGS Library Preparation customer segments (clinical and non-clinical)
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills
- Commitment to rigorous sales planning, quoting, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting
- Develop and manage to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory
- Ensure that customers are fully satisfied and collect feedback on products and services
- Continuously assess skills required to meet the needs of changing customers
- Work closely with the technical team on customer acquisition and support
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in a relevant field (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry).
- One year of sales or business development experience in sales/marketing required
- Knowledge of NGS industry, targeted sequencing workflows, and cancer panels is a plus.
- Professional and high standards in personal presentation
- Represent the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times
- Background in life sciences or genomics preferred
- Ability to manage relationships under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and think independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Self-motivated and able to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to achieve and carry out effective selling techniques
- Ability to maintain customer service-oriented mindset
- Maintain enthusiasm and perseverance
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills; must be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
- Ability to travel 50%
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a dynamic and growing company developing and commercializing breakthrough target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of talented scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlex® technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, free lunch, paid time off, and stock options.