Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a Technical Specialist who can assist our Technical Operations team with application development, customer troubleshooting, and internal development investigations. This is a great opportunity with potential career growth in a multi-functional setting. This position reports to the Technical Operations Manager and will interact closely with customers, colleagues in manufacturing, business development, marketing, and R&D.
- Provide high quality, effective training on our protocol and technical pre- and post-sales support to customers and prospective customers through knowledge of Paragon Genomics’ products
- Troubleshoot technical problems that customers experience, both independently and collaboratively, in consultation with the Technical Operations team and others at Paragon Genomics
- Assist R&D in the lab with application development efforts and internal investigation for new applications or products
- Actively participate in the development and support of strong relationships with all customers, including key customers.
- Support Quality Assurance activities such as
- Author and revise documents such as SOPs and work instructions.
- Support deviation investigations, root cause analysis, CAPAs, etc.
- Vetting of new vendors and materials
- Process improvement
- Support R&D activities such as:
- Conduct stability investigation and validation/verification studies
- Assay development and assay optimizations
- Lend a hand to other departments including Manufacturing/operations and R&D, as needed.
- Possible travel to customer sites or conferences (up to 15-25%)
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in a relevant field (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry); Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on lab experience in molecular biology
- NGS or PCR based assay development experience required.
- Experience in single cell sequencing, RNA sequencing, Illumina and Ion Torrent sequencing preferred.
- Customer facing support experience in the life science industry a plus
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with effective time management skills
- Highly collaborative; able to work well within multidisciplinary teams.
- Good Emotional Intelligence (EQ); able to understand how to communicate with customers under pressure
- Proactive; able to anticipate needs and prevent issues before they arise
- Critical thinker with independent decision-making capabilities
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) to ensure superb customer support
- Leadership skills with a desire for career growth and advancement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
for information about how your personal data is processed and stored.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a dynamic and growing company developing and commercializing breakthrough target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of talented scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlex® technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, and stock options.