Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering and know how to code.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
You’ll be joining Parabola as one of our first 15 employees. You'll shape our culture, help hire the next 15 people, and be a critical component of delivering the power of programming to people who don't have time to learn to code. We'll work with you to set your own trajectory, and together ensure you have as much opportunity as you strive for. We're looking for people who want to come do the best work they've ever done, and we'll help make sure they're empowered to do so. Said differently, we're excited about where you're coming from but much more excited about where you're heading.
At Parabola, we're building a powerful, complex product that's still easy and delightful to use. It's an exciting challenge. To do this well, it's critical that we have a tight feedback loop with our users. That's where you come in. As our product support specialist, you will provide an exceptional supportive experience for our customers and deliver actionable feedback to the rest of the team.
A great week would be...
- Effectively answering our customer's questions on chat and email. The majority of our support requests are from people who need help thinking through their problems and connecting to various APIs. You'll be solving interesting logic puzzles within Parabola and collaborating with customers to come up with solutions that provide real value. Very little of your time will be spent resolving simple billing issues and reporting bugs (we don't get a lot of them!)
- Investigating and escalating bugs when they do occur
- Helping to get our community forum off the ground
- Writing and maintaining help documentation so customers can better help themselves
- Summarizing and presenting actionable, data-driven customer feedback to rest of the team
- Instilling a culture of customer centricity that will stay core to our culture as our team continues to grow
- Experience: You're comfortable with technology and pick up new software quickly. You're comfortable working with data, especially on spreadsheets. You have a basic understanding of what an API is. Some basic computer science and/or SQL experience is a plus. Some experience working with APIs is a plus.
- Can do: You love getting things done. Nothing brings you more joy than checking off tasks from your to-do list or getting to "inbox zero". You can work independently and take responsibility for your own work.
- Caring: You care about people, our customers and our team. You believe that customers have the most valuable feedback to help us grow our business.
- Curious: You are a problem-solver that likes challenges. You enjoy investigating and unearthing new things.
- Team Player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result
- Communicator: Your written and verbal communication skills are top-notch. You can effectively explain technical concepts to someone less-technical. You can be a strong, respected advocate for our customers.
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events
- Past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more.
- Team led lunch & learns
- Past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more.
- Dog-friendly office