Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
Joining as one of the first 15 employees means shaping our culture, helping hire the next 15 people, and being a critical component of delivering the power of programming to people who don't have time to learn to code.
We're looking for a strong systems and conceptual thinker who is excited to work closely with the CEO, design, and product management team to shape Parabola's product roadmap and help us build a delightful, empowering product.
This is a particularly exciting time at Parabola. We simultaneously have an extremely passionate and growing user base, phenomenal investors who have just provided us with the capital to grow quickly, a substantial amount of low hanging fruit, and an ability to own the distribution for a new tool in a new category that the world critically needs. If you’re excited about both building a world-class design team and helping us deliver increasingly powerful, but simple, features to use, we want to talk to you!
What we're looking for
Parabola is a highly product and design centric company, and we rely on our product and design team to help drive the deep emotional connection our users have with us. Core to our mission is taking highly technical concepts and capabilities (e.g. a programming language, IDE, deployment process, etc.) and abstracting them away so that anyone can easily take full advantage of our product. This isn't an easy task – we need someone who is excited about the challenge of giving users the power to design complex logic visually. While we've made great strides here, we're still early. This role will help us lead the way in defining new visual coding paradigms.
We're looking for a product design lead who can help us develop a design language that is simple but capable of capturing the power our product can offer and also hire and manage a team as we continue to scale quickly.
- Experience: You have relevant product design experience, either at an agency or in-house. You have a body of work that can speak to your focus on high-impact and high-quality design. Bonus: you have design management experience.
- Leader: You are interested in growing and leading the design team as the company scales and you are committed to building an inclusive, diverse, and high-performing team.
- Empathy: You have deep empathy for users. As a bottom-up, self-serve, horizontally applicable tool, it's critical to find ways for individuals to resonate with what we do and quickly learn how Parabola can help solve their problems.
- Tinkerer: You are eager to be highly experimental and have a grasp for how to apply both quantitative and qualitative criteria to determine what is and isn't working.
- Communicator: Your communication skills are top-notch. From high-level customer needs to in-the-weeds design challenges, you clearly communicate across all disciplines.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Team player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events
- Past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more.
- Team led lunch & learns
- Past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more.
- Dog-friendly office