Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
You’ll be joining Parabola as one of our first 10 employees and the founding member of the marketing team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with the company, scaling both your skills and experience as Parabola doubles down on our explosive growth. In order for Parabola to achieve our mission, it is absolutely critical we get marketing right.
We're looking for someone who is excited to work closely with the CEO and product management team to refine Parabola's narrative, be a critical component to nailing our go-to-market strategy and execution, and help us build, grow, and manage the marketing team as we scale.
This is a particularly exciting time at Parabola. We simultaneously have an extremely passionate and growing user base, phenomenal investors who have just provided us with the capital to grow quickly, a substantial amount of low hanging fruit, and an ability to own the distribution for a new tool in a new category that the world critically needs. If you’re excited by this challenge and want to have a massive impact, we want to talk to you!
What we're looking for
Marketing a horizontally applicable, bottom-up tool like Parabola in a way that captures the magic of gaining productivity leverage for the first time is not easy. We're looking for someone who is fired up to solve this challenge and has strong product marketing experience, excitement to dig in personally across the marketing stack, and demonstrated ability to build great teams. The ideal candidate has experience with marketplaces, communities, or bottom-up strategies.
- Experience: You have experience building out and scaling marketing at fast-growing companies.
- Leader: You are interested in building out the marketing team as the company scales.
- Writer: You are a phenomenal writer and storyteller, able to take complex (sometimes technical) topics and distill them into concise, persuasive messaging for both technical and non-technical audiences. You avoid enterprise jargon and are excited about developing a Parabola voice that is fun and resonates with consumers.
- Tinkerer: You are eager to be highly experimental and have a grasp for how to apply both quantitative and qualitative criteria to determine what is and isn't working.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Team player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events
- Past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more.
- Team led lunch & learns
- Past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more.
- Dog-friendly office