Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a shared experience among all engineers. That feeling is one of a kind, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling and the power of code to everyone without having to learn to code.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g. marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as a new superpower they've developed and feel empowered knowing they can solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
You’ll be joining Parabola as one of our first 10 employees. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with the company, scaling both your skills and experience as Parabola doubles down on our explosive growth. We'll work with you to set your own trajectory, and together ensure you have as much opportunity as you strive for. We're looking for people who want to come do the best work they've ever done, and we'll help make sure they're empowered to do so. Said differently, we're excited about where you're coming from but much more excited about where you're heading.
Parabola is a highly product-centric company, and we rely on our product team to help drive the rapid adoption and deep emotional connection our users have with us. Core to our mission is taking highly technical capabilities (e.g. a programming language, IDE, deployment process, serverless compute environment, cron job, etc.) and abstracting them away so that non-technical users can take full advantage in as natural a way as possible. We've made great strides here but we'll still early. As our product designer, you will be crucial in helping us deliver increasingly powerful features to our users in an increasingly easy-to-use way.
If you’re excited by solving these types of challenges and want to have a massive impact on the team and technology, we want to talk to you!
A great week would be..
- Working in Figma with our existing design system.
- Synthesizing analytics data and feedback from customer interviews in an effort to design an improved UX interaction.
- Identifying areas our design system is lacking and proactively extending it to seamlessly encapsulate new experiences.
- Presenting a lunch & learn on user onboarding best practices.
- Meeting with Customer Success to understand real-world implications of your newly designed feature.
- Collaborating with an engineer to provide a tight feedback loop on the implementation the new feature.
- Noticing a CSS bug, submitting a pull request to fix it, and deploying it straight to production.
- Experience: You have 3+ years of experience in a high-caliber product teams.
- Designer: You have designed new and improved existing functionality on a system, delivering on time, well thought through designs.
- Leader: You are interested in growing into a leader within the company in all aspects—from design systems to product roadmap to overall team/business.
- Tinkerer: You know when an implementation or solution just isn't quite right. You work hard with the team to make it right over time.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Communicator: Your communication skills are top-notch. From high-level customer needs to in-the-weeds design challenges, you clearly communicate across all disciplines.
- Team Player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events
- Past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more.
- Team led lunch & learns
- Past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more.
- Dog-friendly office