Give people superpowers
The aha! moment when you first create something meaningful with code is a one of a kind feeling, and to someone who's never experienced it before, almost indescribable. At Parabola, we give that feeling to everyone whether or not they have a background in software engineering.
Parabola is closing the productivity inequality gap with a drag-and-drop, visual programming platform. We're starting with knowledge workers (e.g., marketing, sales, operations) and empowering them to increase their productivity leverage and become self-sufficient without having to learn how to code.
Our users consistently describe Parabola as their new superpower that makes them feel empowered to solve any problem that comes their way.
Make a huge impact
You’ll be joining Parabola as one of our first 10 employees. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with the company, scaling both your skills and experience as Parabola doubles down on our explosive growth. We'll work with you to set your own trajectory, and together ensure you have as much opportunity as you strive for. We're looking for people who want to come do the best work they've ever done, and we'll help make sure they're empowered to do so. Said differently, we're excited about where you're coming from but much more excited about where you're heading.
At Parabola, we are solving hard and unique engineering challenges as we architect the visual programming language for the world. From an engineering mindset, Parabola is a programming language, IDE, deployment process, serverless compute environment, and cron job all bundled into one approachable drag-and-drop tool. To make this work, we've had to build out a solid foundation. Yet, we’re still early. As we continue to grow, there are many more product, infrastructure, logic, and design challenges to solve.
If you’re excited by solving these types of challenges and want to have a massive impact on team and technology, we want to talk to you!
A great week would be...
- Writing code with React, TypeScript, NodeJS, or Python.
- Releasing a new step in the Parabola ecosystem that immediately enables businesses to unlock new use cases.
- Presenting a lunch & learn on a new way you discovered to use React hooks and why we should use them more in our codebase.
- Attending a product design spec, asking clarifying questions, and giving feedback.
- Collaborating with another engineer on a tech plan for the first iteration of the product design spec.
- Pairing with another engineer on a some improvements they left on one of your PRs.
- Experience: You have 1+ years of experience in a team-based, production engineering environment.
- Builder: You have built new and improved existing functionality on a system, delivering on time, well-tested code.
- Leader: You are interested in growing into a leader within the company in all aspects—from team to code initiatives to architecture.
- Tinkerer: You know when an implementation or solution just isn't quite right. You work hard with the team to make it right over time.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Communicator: Your communication skills are top-notch. From high-level customer needs to in-the-weeds technical challenges, you clearly communicate across all disciplines.
- Team Player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
Our tech stack
Parabola engineers currently work with the following technologies/languages:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Elasticcache, Lambda, Redshift)
We believe in using the best technology available for the job and we trust our engineers to make those decisions. Having experience in all of the above technologies is not required, but if you do that can certainly be a plus.
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events
- Past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more.
- Team led lunch & learns
- Past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more.
- Dog-friendly office