Panum is looking to hire a help desk support specialist for an awarded contract we have with the USDA. The location for this task is in Kerrville, TX.
The help desk support specialist will provide various IT-related functions to include: desktop and laptop computer operations, administrative management software, and troubleshooting operational problems. In addition, Servers, Network Infrastructure, Security, Training and Documentation. The work focuses on the quality and responsiveness of customer support services.
The help desk support specialist shall comply with all requirements of the Privacy Act of 1974 and the current Computer Security Acts (FISMA, FITARA, etc.), and applicable vendor and manufacturer warranties.
Assignments involve a depth of analysis in several specialized areas of data processing including system maintenance, feasibility studies, implementation, and testing Work involves incorporating various software packages and systems, installing hardware, planning future developments, and serving as a technical resource.
Projects are in support of the diverse needs of the assigned Location and involve a wide range of degrees of computing intensity, complexity and sophistication. The Contractor analyzes the needs of the users and routinely installs hardware and software updates with as little impact as possible to the user community. Constant awareness and considerable effort is required to ensure that hardware and software operate efficiently and reliably and in a secure environment.
The Contractor is responsible for Customer Support, Network Data Communications, System Administration, Security, Telecommunications, and Web Services. The incumbent is also responsible for providing network computer support to other remote locations in Edinburg, Texas, and Pacora, Panama research facilities and worksites.
The Contractor shall provide maintenance, repair, and training services for all workstation and peripheral equipment; approximately 75 networked computers and 50 users. Microsoft Operating Systems (OS) are the predominant workstation operating systems, with some Mac OS. Anti-virus, Encryption and certain other monitoring clients are on all government equipment as required.
- troubleshoot and correct equipment malfunctions;
- install printers, monitors, circuit boards and chips;
- relocate IT equipment as needed;
- provide technical support and representation in acquisition, evaluation and testing of equipment;
- maintain equipment status, maintenance and repair records;
- serve as representative in coordinating equipment in need of repair; and installs and maintains network devices in an Active Directory environment as required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience doing general help desk support as outlined above.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.