Panum is looking to hire a Material Support Supervisor . This position is based in Fort Riley, KS., for Marton Technologies, a member of the Panum Group of companies. https://www.martontech.com/
The Material Support Supervisor will oversee retail supply services (Class II, IIIP, IV, VII, and IX). These services include maintaining signature cards, requisitioning, receiving, processing, Supply Discrepancy Reports (SDRs),Transportation Discrepancy Reports (TDRs), issue, re-distribute, retrograde, care of supplies in storage, stock readiness, processing Defense Logistic Agency Disposition Services (DLADS), withdrawals, maintaining hand receipt files of temporary loans, processing warehouse denials, turn-ins, complying with the Command Supply Discipline Program (CSDP) and operating the appropriate supply LIS for supply management and reporting. Responsibilities
- Maintain all DODAAC activities utilizing AESIP and GCSS-A systems insuring accuracy and accountability.
- Ensure employees perform all required inventories and implement causative research and adjustment document(s) when required.
- Process DLADS withdrawals and maintain hand receipt file of temporary loans.
- Responsible for the operation of the Central Receiving Point (CRP). CRP tasks include issuing to personnel authorized by delegation of authority card, DA Form 1687 (electronic or manual form acceptable) maintained on file, receiving, unloading or diverting trucks, reviewing manifests, breaking out items, inspecting items, recording transactions, receiving push shipments, redirecting mis-shipments, inspecting, photographing and coordinating with the Installation Transportation Division (ITD).
- Establish and maintain all stock record account files, auditable automated and manual files and records in accordance with (IAW) the appropriate Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS), prepositioned material receipt and issue documents Army Regulations (AR) 710-2, AR 725-50. AR 735-5, AR-25-400-2, DA Pam 710-2-1, DA Pam 710-2-2, GCSS-ARMY End User.
- Collaborate with all other sections in order to synchronize project activities; confer with the Supply Manager to coordinate production activities.
- Conduct or support worker training in safety, production control and customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong G-Army working skills, and experience a must
- Very strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi task and take directions in support of property accountability, transfers, turn-ins, ordering, filing records, reporting on use of materials, monitoring customer requests
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 pounds
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment