Grants and Agreements Operational Support Specialist
$50 to $60 Hourly
Panum is seeking qualified candidates who have technical expertise in supporting the activities of the Grants and Agreements Branch Chief (GABC). This position requires experience with the following: Support and assist grants management personnel in select phases of the grants management process including but not limited to managing the project period of performance schedule, evaluating on-going status reports, final reports, and other deliverable products required under the grant program; assisting with grant close-out, invoice processing.
Location for this task is Washington, DC. This is a short term - 4 month - task. It has been expanded in the past and might again, but the period of performance is currently 4 months.
- Use NIFA provided documents as well as the regulations and cost principles applicable to the particular type of recipient being reviewed to form the basis for reviews;
- Review the recipient’s Federal Financial reports for NIFA grants and their most recent A-133 single audit or financial statement for findings and corrective actions;
- Support the administration of grants monitoring tasks by receiving and reviewing grant award, financial and related documents.
- Support administrative closeout of the expired grant; closes out awards and prepares files for archiving. Ensures all final financial reports and technical reports have been received and approved by the agency
- Review all documents prepared for the signature that requires coordination by the Division Director for grammar, and format. Return communications to the originator for correction when not in conformance with known policies, or when correspondence regulations have not been followed.
- Establishes and maintains office filing system(s) to meet program needs for information storage and retrieval. Files may include administrative material and regulations, correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, forms, and/or other documentation.
- Log proposals and post-award actions in and out of the electronic tracking system. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that accurate data are entered into the agency database to capture financial information regarding assistance awards.
- Receive and respond to emails and phone calls daily
- Provide support for Automated Standard Applications for Payments (ASAP)
- Verify required documents are in SharePoint and scans, uploads, and push documents to SharePoint and prepares paper or electronic file folders for awards.
- Monitors the awards mailbox and gives actions to OGFM staff for assignment.
- Tracks and updates the schedule of awards for OGFM.
- Demonstrated experience with 2 CFR 200, Uniform Guidance in a grant-making environment.
- Each Grant Management Support staff should be able to manage a portfolio of 100 new awards and up to 500 post-awards. For Capacity – each Grant Management Specialist should be able to manage a portfolio of 150 new awards and up to 300 to 500+ post-awards annually.
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to produce professional, clear, well-written work products;
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to reach different audiences and effectively manage conflicts;
- Ability to work well with people who have diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and working styles
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and articulate well-informed and objective recommendations;
- A high degree of flexibility, capacity for self-management, and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills; and good customer service skills.