Panum is looking for a Technical Writer. The Ideal candidate will have A minimum of 5-8 years of experience of relevant work experience in IT acquisitions to edit acquisition documents. An active DHS clearance is preferred for this position.
- Assists in supporting the acquisition process, to include the following activities:
- Review, edit, and format prescribed acquisition planning requirement documents such as SOW/PWS. Prepare supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information.
- The technical writer must be able to understand complex Information Technology acquisition information and communicate the information in standard planning documents for coordinated reviews and approval.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing. Demonstrated ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes.
- Good organizational skills. Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment. Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals. Research develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts. Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals. Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content. Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Recent strong experience writing, editing, and proofing Federal documents, IT policy, cyber security, cloud computing, open data/big data, mobile technology, and strategic sourcing documents preferred.
- An active DHS clearance is required for this position.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Technical Writing.
- Self-starter able to juggle multiple assignments at any given time and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that the quality of submissions meets the criteria established for the product.
- Respectful in all dealings, comfortable interacting and working in a team atmosphere within the program and agency resources.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the program offices as it pertains to editing of a product.
- Education - Bachelor's in English, Journalism, Communications, or related major/equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of current Federal mandates pertaining to IT preferred.